top of page

Consumer Unit Replacement

Why would i need a new consumer unit?


Consumer units  or fuse boards are essentially all there is to protect persons and property from the dangers of faulty electrical installation.

Loose electrical connections can lead to overheating and cause fires.

Lack of RCD protection  eg RCD's, RCCB's or RCBO's can lead to electrocution if there is a fault.

18th edition compliant Fusebox consumer unit installed with RCBO and T2 Surge protection

18th edition compliant Fusebox consumer unit installed in Nottingham with type A RCBOs and T2 Surge protection  fitted

Additional Surge Protection or SPDs to protect your electrical and electronic appliances cost as little as a toaster and can potentially save thousands of pounds in replacement electronic devices.

Consumer units, fuse boards, distribution boards all come in different shapes and sizes and have been built to serve different versions of the BS7671 wiring regulations over the years.

If your not sure about the safety of your electrical installation why not have an electrician carry out an EICR condition report, this would detail any defects in the wiring and circuit protection.

It is recommended that all electrical circuits are checked at least every five years.

When did you last have your wiring checked by a competent electrician?

Unsafe fuseboard found in Nottingham




Do I need a new consumer unit as i am having a new circuit?

Any new circuit installed will have to conform to the latest regulations and not all types will  conform.

Contact us at Niman Electrical,

we are always happy to help.

Contactum RCBO consumer unit

A dangerous fuseboard installation in Nottingham.

Replaced with new 18th edition Contactum RCBO board .

bottom of page