Are LED lightbulbs more energy efficient?
- LED light bulbs are more energy-efficient than incandescent bulbs .
- LED light bulbs use electroluminescence, which does not require the release of a great deal of heat.
- LED light bulbs last longer, are more durable, and offer comparable or better light quality than other types of lighting.
- LED light bulbs can reduce your lighting bills and lower your carbon footprint .
How much can I save on my electricity bill by changing over to LED lighting?
- LED lighting can save up to 75% on electricity bill
How long do LED light bulbs last?
- LED light bulbs can last up to 25,000 hours.
- The lifespan depends on factors such as usage, quality, and heat management.
Where can I use LED lamps?
- In your home or office for general lighting
- In your garden or patio for decorative lighting
Do LED lights get hot?
- LED lights get hot, but not as hot as incandescent bulbs
- LED lights produce less heat because they are more energy-efficient
- LED lights have heat sinks that help dissipate the heat they generate
- LED lights can still overheat if they are not properly installed or ventilated
Can the LED lights be controlled with a dimmer?
Are different coloured LED lights available?
- LED lights come in various colours
- Colour depends on the type of semiconductor material used
- Common colours are red, green, blue and white
Colour changing LED lighting is available that can be controlled by a remote control, wall mounted switch and smart home devices.
Can I convert my fluorescent lights to LED?
- Yes, you can convert your fluorescent lights to LED
- You will need to remove the ballast and the starter from the fixture
- You will also need to rewire the sockets to bypass the ballast
- You can then install the LED tubes or bulbs in the fixture
- Make sure to follow the safety precautions and instructions from the manufacturer
Contact us at Niman Electrical,
we are always happy to help.